Saturday, March 10, 2012

Grace for the Waiting

Dear Aaron,
This week has been so hard. I am not sure what made is any harder than any other week and why it seemed so hard when we have only just started this journey.  I don't know, but it was hard.  I dream about you at night.  I talk about you everyday.  I think about you constantly...I... miss.. you.

I thought that I almost had Daddy Lester talked into letting me climb on an airplane and come to see you.  But Uncle Emory talked him out of it. *pout face*   I know that Uncle Emory is right. I have to wait. I have to be patient.  But.... I... miss... you.

Today, we had a yardsale.  That is where we take all of our things that we don't use, put them outside and let others buy them.  I was watching a lady walk up to one of my tables when I noticed a little boy walking beside her.  She turned toward me and he walked out from behind her.  He took my breath away.  He had a pacifier in his mouth so all that I could see was his eyes and the shape of his head.  So many pictures of you have your thumb in your mouth so that all I can see are your eyes and the shape of your head too.   He looked exactly like you and for a minute...I was in Haiti again.    I walked around to the other side of the table and fell onto my knees in front of him.  When I realized what I was doing I decided that I needed to ask his mama's permission.  "Can I hug him?"  She smiled at me and said yes.  I held my arms out to him and he fell into my arms and snuggled up to my neck.  I held him so close.  I hugged him for a really long time....because....  I... miss... you.

When I finally was able to let go, I told his mama all about you.  I took her over to a picture that I had of you and me together.  She smiled and said, "His eyes look just like my son's eyes."  I nodded in agreement with her. I told her that I thought that Jesus had sent her as a special blessing to me.  Jesus knew that I needed to hold you.  Jesus knew that I needed to feel you hugging me.  Jesus knew that....I... miss... you.

She told me that she didn't plan to come to my yard sale.  She had been to another yard sale down the road from us and her car was parked far away...but something made her walk down to where I was.  She agreed with me that it must have been God that sent her to me.  She could tell by the tears in my eyes.  She knew that....I... miss.. you.

So today I am thankful for the grace that God granted to me through that little boy and his sweet little hug.  I am am amazed at how God is providing for even the smallest of  needs and I am trusting that he is meeting the smallest of your needs too.  I hope that God will send a lady to you.  Maybe she will have dark curly hair. Maybe she will wear glasses,  or maybe she will wear the same perfume that I wear or have a voice that sounds like mine.  I hope that when you see her, when you hug her, or when you hear her voice...that you remember me...and that you will know that....I... miss... you.

Love,
Mama Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment